CM Writer's CV
Chapter 3: Curriculum Vitae
Attorney by day, writer and public speaker by night.
2002-2005 North Carolina Central University School of Law Durham, North Carolina
Juris Doctor May 2005
Academic scholarship recipient
Trial Team Captain
Family Law Clinic
Legal Eagles Law Camp counselor
1997-2001 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
BA-Political Science May 2005
Concentrations in Political Psychology, African/African-American
studies, English Literature
Minority Student Recruitment
James M. Johnston Scholar
Dover Foundation Scholar
Upward Bound Tutor-Mentor
1993-1997 Crest High School, Shelby, North Carolina
High Honors Diploma May 1997
National Honors Society
National Beta Club
Advanced Placement Scholar
Graduation speech- "Attitude"
Co-editor school newspaper
clubs, basketball, volunteer
Daughters of American Revolution Good Citizen
CM is Charlotte Women's Relationship Advice Examiner for Examiner.com, and is a featured writer for NoLimitLarry.com, the site for Charlotte's premiere morning show personality, No Limity Larry of WPEG Power 98FM's No Limit Larry and the Morning Maddhouse.
CM is creator and editor of Your Boyfriend’s Best Girlfriend Blog, the platform for an upcoming book.
The John McEntyre Show, Charlotte Access Channel 22 Charlotte, NC.
Guest appearances on The No Limit Larry and the Morning Maddhouse Show WPEG Power 98 FM in Charlotte, NC.
- As legal expert on Domestic Violence
- Advice on "Situations" segment
Guest appearances on Money Talk with Atiya Harris WGIV 1370 AM, 1490 AM, 103.3 AM in Pineville, NC.
- "Chasing Dreams"- w/ Michael Thompson, Charlotte Bobcats
- "Branding and Networking"- w/Michael Thompson, Charlotte Bobcats
- “Relationships and Money”-w/John McEntyre
Barber Shop and Beauty Salon Confessions benefiting Red Pump Project
"Going in circles"
Co Hosted Real Talk with Cobi and CM Writer panels.
"What creates an unhappy relationship
"Dating a professional athlete w/ author of "Love Intercepted: A tale of football, falling and failing in love"
Bar preparation panel.
Domestic violence prevention.
Interviewed local, national, and international celebrities:
- Nneka Saran, handbag designer to the stars
-Matt Maher, former professional soccer player
- Rozanda "Chlli" Thomas of TLC and VH1's "What Chilli Wants 1 and 2"
- Comedian Faizon Love of Made, Friday, Big Mama's House 3, etc.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson of The Steve Harvey Show, Two Can Play That Game, and The Game, etc.
- Larry “No Limit” Mims CBS Radio personality, Charlotte NC and MTV MADE Coach
- Ben “Big City” Augustine CBS Radio personality, Tulsa Oklahoma and music producer
- Michael Thompson, Director of Corporate Communications-Charlotte Bobcats
- William Wilson, exclusive clothier to NFL, NASCAR and Music stars
CM Whitener is a dedicated professional who has parlayed her love for people, writing and research into a new venture. She uses her writing as a platform for local and national charities and causes including, but not limited to:
• Salvation Army Center of Hope
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• No Wedding No Womb campaign
CM SPEAKS TO
Teen and Young Adult groups on topics including relationships, good character, education, etc.
Church and community groups on relationship, spiritual, and legal topics.
Businesses and organizations on topics of diversity, volunteerism, employee-employer relations.
creative writing, motivational speaking, research, technical writing, interviewing, public relations, parent-child relationships, domestic violence, dating and marital relationships, education, diversity, law and politics
Panel host, public speaking, expert on legal implications in relationship matters.